Thursday, December 4, 2008

and I ran to the end of Greenbough County......

.......... and I just kept running. Well, unlike Forest, Forest Gump, I can't run that far or that fast but I did manage two short runs this week. I havent got to write that letter yet today but Im working on it.

On Monday, I took the husky and ran just over two miles in 24 minutes and change on the Heritage Trail. Yesterday, I got to the school early and ran the block around the school a couple times. I didnt time it but I figure it is about a mile per lap as my run time was 24:20. Unlike Monday, my knee didnt hurt at all. Monday was pretty cold though so that might have been part of it. Yesterday, I felt great and probably could have squeezed out another lap but I didnt want to be waiting with all the other parents while smelling so poorly.

Anyway, Im going to give this running thing another go. Simon Whitfield is going to be here on Saturday and although I have to work, I really want to meet him. MJ said he is a great guy, not to mention we have the same jacket from World's. Simon will be leading a run from Athlete's Lounge, our team sponsor, and although I would love to, I wont be able to keep up, but I certainly can try for a bit anyway.

No comments: