Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Riding in the rain

Saturday I hooked up with a bunch of people at Athlete's Lounge for a wet ride. Some people had fenders, others had none but even the fendered bikes threw up a ton of spray (after the ride, I took my bike down to Bike Central and asked them to put flaps on each fender). Before the ride, one of my new team mates came in the store and said he forgot his shoes. Luckily, someone in the store had a pair of shoes and I had a pair of pedals with me so he was able to ride. He also had a gift for me from Coach Scott at Factor 9 Triathlon Coaching in the form of a new visor with his logo on it. Pretty cool way to start the ride. We went out in a group of about 15 or so and ended up splitting the group about an hour into it. I rode for about 1:40 or so, not sure of the distance as my cheapo computer had died. It was a flat to rolling ride which was great for me as I had only been able to ride once in the past week. My HR Ave was 146 and overall my legs felt great and I wasnt sore at all afterwards. Aside from the spray, the rain hit us on the last 15 minutes of the ride but we were already wet. Athlete's Lounge, one of the sponsors of Ironheads, was a great host and had great facilities including a shower if you needed it. Some people are going to ride on turkey day at 9am and another group is trying to ride at 630am. I think it will be in the low 30s on Thursday so I am not sure I want to ride my bike in that, more for saftey reasons than the cold and Kelton and I are already planning to run/walk the Turkey Trot at Lacamas Swim/Sport at 7am. Who knows, I might see if its OK that I ride afterwards. It is afterall, the time of the year when most people gain weight, I might as well not add to that number. Ciao for now,
DS

No comments: