Wednesday, November 21, 2007

swimming

A few months ago, I started swimming with a couple of friends. We wanted to get 2 times per week but due to various reasons, I only managed once a week with them and only one time with the Saturday morning group. Yesterday, after three, maybe four weeks of missing Tuesday/Thursday swims, I got wet. Jeff and I started out and got 400m in before Eric got in. We did pulls of 200m each then took a minute or so rest and by the time we finished, I had 2200m in. I think I hurt Jeff and Eric on my last pull or at least the last 100m. We went from 1:55/100m to 1:40/100m and after we were done, they were rubbing their shoulders and trying to catch their breath. I might have a new patient out of the deal too!! It was fun and I am looking forward to getting back to my routine of 2-3 swims/week. I have been trying to get Stacey to commit to training for an event with me and once we have that goal, I think we can get ourselves up early or training later after the boys go to bed.

Tomorrow is turkey day and if all goes well, Kelton and I should be up running a 5K tomorrow at 7am. Since he has been getting up at 6am lately, I dont think it should be difficult to get there.

No comments: