Thursday, June 5, 2008

ITU Worlds

Got here Wednesday and after stopping at my aunts to pick up my gear, I headed downtown. I wanted to get in earlier to ride the course but my morning didnt go as planned so I didnt get into town til 5pm. I went to a chiropractors office and had him do some ART on my hip. I have never felt better after a treatment in my whole life and I might be going back on Friday. Im still pain free and I cant believe it. AFter the treatment, it was time to register which didnt take any time at all, very smooth. I called my nephew, Chase, who lives in Vancouver, and we had dinner downtown while we waited for traffic to die down. I didnt have a place lined up to stay so I just stayed at Chase's dorm room.
I got up early on Thursday with the intention of getting classified then going for a ride around the bike course. The juniors were just finishing up when I got to the tent so it would be perfect to ride the course. However, the classifiers were with someone and Ihad to wait for 15-20 minutes. I was very nervous that I wouldnt make the 15% impairment but after they tested me, they said I was more than 15% so i was happy to hear that. I would hate to have been turned away because I wasnt gimpy enough. After classification, I met a few other AWAD team members and realized I had only 45 minutes to get back to my truck, change, and make it to the AWAD meeting. The lunch they served was great and the ITU LOC made everything very easy to follow in the briefing. AFter lunch, I grabbed a ride with a team mate and we went back to the team hotel for photos. It took another 45 minutes or so for them to organize a team of 600+ for a photo and it was pouring rain too. Oh well, we got it done. As I write this, Im waiting for the pasta party to start, which isnt too far away, so i will finish later.

No comments: