Tuesday, June 3, 2008

World's, coming fast!!

Only 4.5 days left until the gun goes off in Vancouver BC at the ITU World Triathlon Championships. Im nervous as hell. I havent actually competed against anyone but me for years, before November 1, 2002. I feel that Im ready even though my hip hurts like hell. I need to get a massage tomorrow after I drive up to BC. Sitting for 5 hours driving is going to make it stiffen up like crazy. Some ART would do me right, note to self, must find ART provider before I go. Today Im supposed to bike and run. I will try and run at lunch then ride after I get home. All while I try to finish my laundry and pack my gear for tomorrow. The plan is to get up early, swim, get back home, get the boys up, feed them, take them to school, then head north. If Im on the road by 8am, I should be able to be there by 1-2pm. Im hoping to miss Vancouver rush hour but I need to make two stops, White Rock to drop stuff that mom forgot at our place then Richmond, to pick up my team gear that should be at Aunt Vera's. My great little sister sent it to her while I was working in Oregon. Hopefully it arrived already. I need to ride again tomorrow and Im trying to get my rain bike back from a friend but he is in Hawaii and has yet to return my call. Its pouring rain right now and I want to pre ride the course but I dont want to do it with my TT bike. If I dont get it, I will just ride the Bianchi and have to clean it afterwards..... I hate cleaning my bikes as my mechanic has noticed when he has to replace my drive train more often than he should. Im spoiled.
Well, once again, nervous is my middle name for now but all I can say is THANK YOU SCOTT for getting me in great shape in a shortened amount of time, youre a great coach and one helluva motivator.

No comments: