Monday, July 21, 2008

5 minutes

Yesterday was my long run, 2.5 hrs. Its actually 1.5 running, 1 walking (30wu run, 3x(20walk 20run)). I actually like doing these Sunday runs because not long ago, I couldnt run, even short distances, without tripping.

Stacey is new to triathlon this year and just finished her first open water swim. She was a little nervous and didnt have the best swim time. She is capable of a much faster swim but she had some issues and did some back stroke and finished in about 22 minutes. Anyway, we talked about her nerves in the water and we decided to go to Battleground Lake in the AM so she could practice some OW swimming. AFter that, I was going to run while she took the kids to hang out with Papa at a train show. That didnt happen and we went home. She got an itch to go shopping for some new bike shorts so I stayed home with the boys while she did that.

When she got home, it was 5pm. Where did the day go?? I was not looking forward to running for 2.5 hrs. I started to get ready then asked her what her plans were for the next morning. I had a day off training and could do my run in the AM, 5AM instead of PM. She then told me to get my ass out there and give it at least 5 minutes before I made a decision....... Damn I hate when she does that to me because she is usually right. I got my big butt into the truck, drove down to the trail, and started my run. Five minutes came and went and before I knew it, I was at the end of the trail. 50 minutes down, 4.5 miles, pretty respectable I think.

I finished up, went home, and thought that I was pretty lucky to have someone kick my rear every once in a while to get me going. Thanks Stace!!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Im jealous that your lake is called "Battleground Lake".

That's cool.

Cheers!