Monday, December 10, 2007

best run in 5.5 years

Today I went out for my prescribed 50 minute endurance run. My HRM was being a PITA so I put the read out on min/mile. I know it needs calibration to be a little more accurate but I calibrated it for walking before I was able to run for more than 3-4 min at a time. In general, it is pretty close because when I run on the Heritage Trail, I have mile markers to guage things by. Anyway, I got adjusted just before my run and I had a massage last Thursday and I think that made all the difference in the world. I busted out my first sub-12 minute mile in years and was able to keep up the pace for another two after that. I was able to do 3.9 miles in 50 minutes. Not bad if I might say so. I actually did a 10:50 for my last mile. I must admit, I was "husky assisted" on that last mile as I let the leash out a little more than I usually do and Koda pulled me to my fastest mile ever, or at least since 2002. I think my best 5K was around 29 minutes in a sprint triathlon. I must check the results to verify that. Anyway, Im happy to report I am getting faster and I might be able to do Beaver FReezer in around 1:18 or so, Im hoping.

No comments: