Monday, April 14, 2008

Last week, CAF, World's

I did better swimming last week. I swam twice, ran twice, and biked 4 times. About 14 of my Ironhead team mates went to Tempe AZ and did Ironman Arizona. We had three women in the 30-34 AG in the top 10, one guy in the 40-44 AG come in second, and of those, three qualified for Kona. Im very proud to be on a team with so much talent.

I received my grant from CAF last week and I just got word from them that I can use my grant to go to the ITU World Championships in Vancouver, June 6-8. All I need now is for Triathlon Canada to give me the "official" word. I spoke to the chairperson for the AWAD committee last Wednesday and he all but assured me that I would be invited to be on the team so Im training as though I am doing the race. Even if something comes up, I will still be training for IMC so it doesnt much matter what the outcome is but Im hoping for the best.

My weekly totals are as follows:

Swim: 2 swims, 2800m, 55min
Run: 2 runs, 7 miles, 1.3 hrs
Bike: 4 rides, (2 indoor, 2 outside) 93.5 miles, 6 hrs

Im ahead of the game in swimming already this week, I did 2500m this morning.

No comments: