Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekly recap

What a great week of training. I got my coach back Monday and by Wednesday, he had the rest of the month mapped out for me. Its a welcome relief to have a set schedule again. I was nervous not having a specific training schedule for an Olympic distance but I was on the right track so i am not quite as far behind in training as I suspected.

I had to ride indoors again this week. The trainer and my fat butt are becoming good friends. The rest of my body, however, doesnt like it as much. I did get my new crankset, SRAM Red Compact with 50-34 chain rings. I enjoyed riding the 50 and being able to spin. I also got a new front deraileur, also SRAM Red, but havent yet installed it. I have had my Bianchi up for sale for a few weeks. I was half heartedly trying to get rid of it but it has some special meaning for me. My friend Peter had me pick it out when I was still in the hospital unable to walk. It is very sentimental as it is the first bike I rode outside after I figured out how to walk again. My favorite mechanic, Dean, did a little tune up getting rid of all the creaks and groans and put a new chain on it. I was thinking about keeping it after all but he reminded me of a conversation we had two years ago where he told me that the frame is so thin and light weight, that I probably shouldnt be riding it as I may break it. That night I got a call from someone interested in buying it from me so, tomorrow, it might be gone from my garage.

Today, I did a swim clinic with a Masters swim coach, Dennis Baker. He was very informative and pointed out a few things I could do to improve my stroke and position in the water. Overall, it was worth the time and money. I might enlist him to do a private lesson for Stacey and I.

Next Saturday will be my first tri of the season. It will also be STacey's first ever triathlon. Im looking forward to it and also to seeing Stacey do it. She has been training hard, especially for the swim.

So, my totals for the week:

Swim: 8330 yds, 2:30 hrs
Bike: 67 miles, 4 hrs
Run: 13.75 miles, 2:50 hrs

No comments: