Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tough week

This week began with Taguen being sick and by Thursday we figured out he had a pretty bad ear infection. Mostly, for me, this just meant I had to train indoors. On Tuesday, Koda, the husky, ate something he shouldnt have and we took him to the vet. She admitted him right away and PRESTO! $350 and he was cured. Stupid husky.....
So, training has been going OK. I still didnt manage to swim this week. I am going to try and go tomorrow but if nothing else, I will get a run in. I have been very happy with my running the past few weeks. I have been stretching a little more than normal and my hip doesnt hurt as much after running. I have also been getting a little faster which is encouraging. I ran without the husky on Wednesday and did a 5K in 32:55 and I did the first mile in 10:05. I wanted to do the Spring Du next weekend but I dont think I can do that again, AFTER I ride my bike at close to LT for 15 miles. Not to mention the ridiculous $65 entry fee that AA sports charges.
I got an email from my contact at TriBC, he is on vacation in Hawaii (so jealous of him right now), but he said he was in touch with the ITU people and would forward his emails when he got back to Vancouver. Im kind of excited but at the same time, I am not sure I deserve the honour of competing for Canada at this time. My training is not where it should be with only two months left before the event. I dont have a coach right now so I am following my HIM program from last year (the one I used for Lake Stevens).
This morning Stacey is going to yoga, then out with a friend for some shopping. This means I will be riding my 2:15 inside today. Its ok though, it has been pouring on/off since yesterday.

No comments: