Thursday, September 4, 2008

Boston Marathon???

So, Im probably an idiot... why you ask? Because I want to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Maybe the voices in my head are right. After I asked myself why, besides the obvious, that I am an idiot, I was reminded of little things such as my hatred of running, and I always say it hurts, but you know what? Just like my little league coach would say as he hit line drives at us, it only hurts for a little while. What do they say, "pain is temporary, pride is forever"?

Ever since I did World's and met some great inspirational people, my goals have been more lofty. Hell, I even think i could get into Nordic skiing, just to see if I can qualify for the Winter Paralympics. No worries Meyrick, I wont take your slot, you're younger, stronger, and faster but I'm better looking :) I used to be a great rifle shot, maybe I can be a good biathlon athlete.

Maybe I will train to swim the English Channel..... naw, forget that, I don't love swimming that much. But, while I may be an idiot, I am driven. I know what a bad hurt is and I know what the pain from doing something like an Ironman is, and the two, so far, have not co-existed in my body.

4 comments:

MJ said...

I hope you and deb survive these goals or I will be responsible for x2!

Heck I hope I survive my own goal....

Do you have a plan yet?

DC said...

MJ, Darren & I decided you should go into sales.

PC Ironman said...

my plan was to do Seattle in November but more likely, I will do Las Vegas or Sacramento's California International. Both are on the same day, Dec 7. Have to see what is cheaper to get to. Mom lives in Vegas and a seminar that weekend. Could be a business trip....

MJ said...

I ran in Seattle last year.... it was great. I think we were lucky though as I have heard it is usually pouring.

Vegas sounds pretty good though and shouldn't cost too much.

You should look into your Boston accommodation now before everyone starts qualifying...

Like the plan. Looking forward to the goal time post...