Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To Run or Not to Run, what a great question

I have been running lately, more like shuffling, but, hey, Im mobile right? I pushed myself to do a 5k and managed a negative split on the last mile (first was faster than the second mile but the third was faster than both) AND I did all at under 10 minute/mile pace. Yesterday, I knocked out a mile at under 9min/mile pace but was knackered after that so I didnt do much more high pace stuff. I picked up a marathon training guide just before my run and they said Monday was a day off so I only went 2 miles. BTW, if you want to up your pace, bring a husky and have someone that runs faster bring their dog, that way the husky will pull you to a phenomenal pace. My dog is for rent on a daily, weekly, or monthly rate and he is dirt cheap.

I have not yet decided whether Im doing a marathon or not. After a 5.5 mile run last week, I felt pretty good, and I was all over doing another 20.7 miles given the right training. Towards the end of the week, my legs still felt pretty good on my shorter runs, 3 and 4 miles, but mentally, I didnt want to go another step. Not because I couldnt, but more like, why am I doing this?

Today, I will ride my bike, a little cross training like it said in the article, and tomorrow, an hour run. I dunno, do I have it in me? I know I can get faster on a 5 and 10k so maybe, I wont push the long distance stuff except maybe for a half IM in 2009. Which reminds me, I guess I should sign up for one of the good ones. My buddy Mark seems to think he can beat me at the 70.3 in FL but I dont think so. The only thing stopping me from not proving him wrong is the trip across the country but you never know, I might find a way just to make him lose to a handicapped guy.

No comments: