Friday, September 12, 2008

PC, AWAD, AB, BCS, AK, BK, WTF??

Our society is full of acronyms, I kind of like them. CIA, FBI, DHS, RCMP, GOP ....... the list goes on and on. One thing that sport is filled with too. In the 'disabled' world there are a TON!

After I got hurt, I used the term physically challenged. When someone asks me why I'm limping however, I sometimes tell them I disabled or handicapped but that's not very PC but I am a PC athlete. I used to be an AB AG athlete, now I'm an AWAD. I'm not BK or AK, I'm 'les autre'. I'm not a para or a quad but I did have an SCI. When I race AG, I'm not a 40-44, I'm a Clydesdale..... OK, no acronym for that. When I race, I have mediocre T2 but a pretty fast T1 but my injury was at T8...... confused yet? cuz I'm just getting started.

I spent some time at OHSU after I got hurt then I was transferred to RIO. I get emails from the CPC, the ITU, TriBC, and TRICAN. I used to be a member of USAT and now am just a member of OBRA but next year I will probably have to be licensed by the UCI as well as BCC and OBRA. I have professional licences from the WADOH and the OBCE and if money were no object, I would get certified in ART.

I don't drink MGD or PBR but I do like other kinds. I have patients that do MMA and also ride CBR's. I went for a few tryouts for the BCJHL but ended up in the KIJHL as well as the BCJFL. I work with some kids in the WHL that have aspirations of the NHL as well as some others that want to go to the NFL but only after some NCAA time. Hopefully soon, they will have a better system than the BCS.

I used to have a husky that was AKC but she is gone. Now we just have mutt's that need some attention from a DVM. I have friends that are DC's, MD's, DO's, DMD's, and DDS's. I have other friends that are CPA's, SPHR's, and PhD's.

When does the insanity end??? How bout RFN! Now I just have to wait for my sister to proofread this so I can be scolded for using too many acronyms improperly and WAY too many apostrophe's.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, bubye!

No comments: