Saturday, March 22, 2008

confidence building exercises

Started out my Saturday in 40 degree clear skies. It was a hard first hour. My legs were pretty much useless and I began wondering why I even ride a bike. I have moments like this far too often. I then remembered reading one of my team mates blog entry. He talked a lot about motivation and confidence and stuff. Here, read it for yourself: http://try3sports.blogspot.com/ the March 20 entry. My first hour was slow, then I picked up my pace, effort, and stopped feeling sorry for myself and the last 1:20 was more steady. I got home and felt better. Overall, I only did 34 miles in 2:20 but I had not been on my bike but once this week, an hour on the trainer. I ran twice this week and didnt swim but on Monday, I am starting IMC training.

It has been hard not having a coach this year but budget constraints wont allow for it. I am going to follow my IMF plan but I have to adapt it since I can now run a little and would like to try running at least some of the time. I was thinking about having another coach I know tweak my old plan.

I am having horrible hip pain, usually worse after I run but I havent been dillegent about my stretching and icing/advil etc. As a physician, Im the worst patient. I know what to do but I am not very good at following my own advice. Next week, I will see my favourite massage therapist, Molly, to cash in on my 30 minute Christmas massage gift certificate. I am looking forward to it. I wish I could do it more often but 1) she has moved to SLO, CA, and is only here part time and 2) its not in the budget.

Run: 1:50, 7.5 miles
Bike: 3:20, 50 miles
Swim: 0:00, 0m

No comments: