Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spinning my wheels, selling bikes, AWAD

After spin yesterday, I wanted to throw my bike away. My leg wouldnt stop shaking when we were doing out of the saddle stuff and my knees kept hitting my gut reminding me of two things: I eat too many cookies and my aero position is far too extreme. I know I need to get a new fit done but my money is better spent elsewhere. not that the fit will cost money but the parts needed to bring me to a better position will not be free. Or will they....... ?

I have not been motivated lately to ride or run or especially swim. Technically, the six month program I wanted to follow for IMC starts tomorrow, Monday, so Im not really behind. Stacey wants me to try yoga and/or pilates but I am thinking that hour would be better spent on the bike or stretching on my own. Then again, I might really benefit from it and get rid of this pain in my hip. I think I have a good base, even though the last two weeks have been slow for me, so maybe decreasing my riding/running, and increasing my stretching/yoga thing might be a benefit for me overall. YEAH, thats it!!!!

I put my Bianchi up for sale last week. No calls on it yet but then again my phone has been disconnected for a few days. No emails either and that seems to be working fine. If I dont sell it soon, I will sell my Zipp wheels to my buddy Mark. I can always get new wheels through the store or even borrow a set for IMC.

Got my impairment rating done a couple of weeks ago. I was rated at a loss of exactly 15%. He said he might go as high as 18% but I was solid at 15%. That means technically, I can compete in the AWAD category in triathlon. I would love to go to world's in Vancouver in June but it would cost a bundle and I have the opportunity to go to Utah for soccer and make money instead of spending it. I could also be in Philly for a bike race and make money there too.

Some of my team mates are going to Boise for the 70.3 race there. I would love to go to that as well but again, money makes the world go round and currently, my world is at a standstill.

So, there are my rants, raves, blathering for the week. TTFN
DS

No comments: