Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A good ride

Even though it was a gorgeous day yesterday, I rode on my trainer. My training plan called for a 60 minute ride, spinning at 90-100 rpm. I usually cant maintain that while riding outside unless I am on a completely flat road like Marine Drive so onto the trainer I went. I was able to average about 92rpm with an average HR of 118. I rode 16.2 miles in that hour while watching "300". It is quite an intense movie during the battle scenes so it was easy to spin a high cadence. Only a couple of times did I notice my rpm dropping below 90.

My plan had swimming too but we are trying to finish the fort my parents are building for the boys so I helped out with that so John and Val didnt kill each other trying to do it on their own. One of the gals at the gym that has done IMC called yesterday and asked if I would swim in the lane next to her while she does her insane 5x400m intervals on the 6:45 mark with ONLY 20 seconds rest between. Her training partner had to have surgery on her foot and cant swim for a while. I am not supposed to make up training sessions that I missed so I will probably just do a short easy swim and be there for moral support.

I have a 40 minute run and another 60 minutes on the bike which I will probably do on the trainer again so I can babysit my parents, love you mom and dad!!

No comments: