Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Snowing in March

It snowed today, not much, but what weird weather we are having. I had an hour ride planned yesterday and should have taken advantage of the beautiful day but instead, I rode inside on my trainer and finished watching "300". All in all, it was a lame movie and I should have hit the road. Having said that, Im trying to keep my HR within the limits set by my coach, so a trainer ride was way easier to keep that in check. I am wishing I had a power meter, or at least, wishing I could try one out to see what all the hubub is about and see if I can get more fit training that way versus the HR. I have heard it is a great way to train but its also a great way to get $1K poorer.

I missed the pool session again today. Even though it is spring break, and my parents are here to watch the kids, I am just not getting down to the pool. Tomorrow I am supposed to do a 20k TT to find my thresholds at this time of the season. Im not supposed to do anything else but I think I will try and give a short swim a go after my TT. It is so difficult not having a coach. I still have my training plan, its not the same. Perhaps that lottery will hit my numbers today.

I did a short run/walk after dinner tonight, 36 minutes. Probably only around 2.2 miles around my neighbourhood on sidewalks etc and since Im used to running on the trail that is marked every quarter mile, I dont know how far I went. Felt pretty good. I was supposed to take it easy, and my HR Ave was 138. I dont know how much I ran versus how much I walked but it was probably 50/50.

No comments: