Friday, March 28, 2008

Time Trialing in the garage

Yesterday I did my scheduled TT on the bike. It was snowing in the AM and was very cold in the PM so I just did it on my trainer in the garage. No wind, no turning around, no road conditions to complain about, just my sore butt. I averaged somewhere around 20-21mph for 12.5 miles, finishing in 35:51. I guarantee you I would have done it faster on the road where I did the TT earlier this year because out there, I had no distractions like a movie or my Dad sawing wood with a circular saw 20 feet away but in any event, I did it. My HR ave was 128 and the overall HR for the hour I was on the bike was 122. In the TT in February, I averaged 177 or so if that is any indication that I worked harder then. I was also on my TT bike, not my road bike, and I had a lot of teammates out there so the peer pressure was more. If it ever stops snowing (ITS THE END OF MARCH DAMMIT), I will do another TT to see where Im really at when it counts.

Today is a day off and a little off topic but I got a new gig doing consulting work for a health management company so Im pretty happy that things are looking up work wise.

No comments: